Powered By Blogger

Our sign in peace

Our sign in peace
Our sign in peace

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Bee inspection, a success!

The picture on the left is a very interesting comb that the bees have made in 3 days. I opened the hive up on Thursday morning and by Sunday morning they had successfully built this beautiful comb. In this picture they are busy working and...
in the picture on the right is after I had smoked them. It sends the bees running below and also calms them. In todays inspection I also saw each queen in both hives which is something I have never been able to do before. Some of the frames were drenched in honey and dripping. There was capped honey and each hive had brood (baby bees) as well. I am so happy with my hives and am looking forward to a great year of bee keeping!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment