Powered By Blogger

Our sign in peace

Our sign in peace
Our sign in peace

Sunday, June 20, 2010

There's an imposter in the hen house!

So, a few months ago I ordered my chickens and it read "hens only". My order went in and figured that would be nice to just have hens and not have to deal with an aggressive rooster. We have been noticing this guy for the past couple of weeks and am convinced she's a he! This picture doesn't show his tail feathers but he is getting them, long and black and red. Check out the iridescent feathers coming out in his neck. He has not started to crow yet but he even cuckles different than the others. The hen in the background is what a hen should look like. This guy is also much bigger than the "girls"...oh well...I think I'll keep him anyway, he's kind of grown on us.
Update: The morning after I posted this, Tim and I were walking up to the chicken coop when we heard a gosh awful sound which sounded much like the owl at work when we are cutting his talons. We stood there for a moment and realized it was the rooster attemping to crow!

1 comment: