Powered By Blogger

Our sign in peace

Our sign in peace
Our sign in peace

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Happy Solstice and Blessed Yule!

   Good morning everyone! To the left is my favorite ornament of all time! I have had it for years, my little Gingerbread man tree.
As I woke up this morning I went out to the yard and hung stranded cranberries, dried oranges and apples, filled the bird feeders and suets, all as a gift to our wildlife. To the right is our "Wild Tree". Ever since my kids were young we always did this as a tradition on the Winter Solstice morning to honor our wild friends. So enjoy the day, this first day of Winter, as we begin to go inside, take a moment to remember our wild ones and leave them a gift.

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet way to mark the winter solstice. I just love that idea. Enjoy a wonderful day :)

    ReplyDelete