Powered By Blogger

Our sign in peace

Our sign in peace
Our sign in peace

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Snow and Bees, oh my!

I can't even begin to explain just how much snow we have had here in Connecticut! Only if you live here can you really appreciate the amount of snow and I am sure eveyone has their stories, from roof collapes to piles so high you have no idea where to  put it! This morning I spent time digging my way up to my bees...
 I literally had to take the shovel and cut out 18 x 12 inch sections to shovel it. This took about 50 times to make a path and my way up there. As you can see in this picture how deep the shovel is and I am still no where near the ground! It is probably another foot underneath.
Once I got up there, this is just how deep and buried they were from the last storm we had, this is the third time I have had to dig them out. I sure hope they are o.k. in there...

This is the hive finally dug out. We will be putting the candy boards on them later so they will have some food reserves. I am hoping they will be out today if not just for a quick pee break!

No comments:

Post a Comment