Powered By Blogger

Our sign in peace

Our sign in peace
Our sign in peace

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A swarm goes and comes right back!

 Last Friday much to my dismay while having visitors here on the farm, my bees signaled a swarm which I thought may happen and was awaiting my swarm kit to arrive in the mail. I watched this unbelievable phenomenon and hoped that they would swarm in a reachable location--not so much! In the first picture is the swarm starting to form...
and in the picture to the right you can see the swarm big and heavy. Much to my surprise the bees formed way up in this tree and as we watched they returned to the hive. I have never seen such a thing! Did they predict the bad upcoming weather? I will be in touch with some bee keeper friends and see if they have ever seen this...

No comments:

Post a Comment