Powered By Blogger

Our sign in peace

Our sign in peace
Our sign in peace

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Off to the Mill!

Okay, I admit it, I am a fiber hoarder! Over the past two years I have just been stashing away my alpaca fiber and "Babydoll" sheep fleeces. I still had lots from years prior to spin. Our son was moving back home and I had to make room for his return so I took every bag out on the deck...
went thru each and every one of them...
 pulled out my trusty screens (that I got at the dump!)

and began skirting the fleeces...

 had to decide who was going to the Alpaca fiber bank and who was going to the mill...

just look at the crimp in this picture to the right and the one down to the left
...wow!

I drooled over their beauty ...


and managed to get all of them into 3 large boxes. There was a lot of decompression going on! So off to the mills they went yesterday, the next time I see them they will be beautiful.

4 comments:

  1. Holy crapola!!! Let me know if you're going to sell any of that yummy looking fleece....I'm always on the lookout for fleece to spin!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, wow, that is really interesting, love the colors. Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness so cool! i bet you just sat and enjoyed! what a treasure! enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this has gone on over a many week, many day period until I got them all done. The boxes actually sat for a bit but it is done, one more thing off the list to do!

    ReplyDelete