Powered By Blogger

Our sign in peace

Our sign in peace
Our sign in peace

Friday, October 4, 2013

A Fiber Adventure!

 On Wednesday I was blessed to go on a fiber adventure to meet a retiring fiber artist. I would imagine that this will happen to all of us one day. Her health and interests have changed and she is moving on. She was destashing! We filled the back seat, front seat and bed of the truck...
 I was privileged to get dyed batts, dyed roving, prepared fleeces, raw fleeces, metallic threads, and more and more and more!
 Just a sampling of what was in some of the bags! I believe this may be Angora. Some are marked and some are not so I am calling them mystery bags.
 I was even blessed to get this swing arm picker! It is an incredible tool to pick and clean raw fibers. This may cut down on the use of the mill. She told me it can be very dangerous to use. I will open this to all my friends to use.

and a Yarn Swift! I have always wanted one and now I have one! I am sorting and going thru everything and will be gifting some of this over load of fiber goodness to some of my friends. Thank You Becky and best of luck in your continued adventures, I will use all your things in the greatest of respect!

No comments:

Post a Comment