Powered By Blogger

Our sign in peace

Our sign in peace
Our sign in peace

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Lock Spinning and enjoying a Snow Day!!!

 For the most part people hate Winter, but for me I find a lot of down time in it. It's a time for me to "get things done"!  I have been spending a lot of time with my spinning wheels which makes me happy! My wool room is filled with fibers to be spun. I came across this huge bag of fall colored locks!
 I proceeded to "fluff" up the locks, pulling them apart and apart and apart...
 ...and then I began to spin. When I spin locks, the last two fingers in my left hand pull the fiber back creating a lead line. My right hand holds the locks at about 90 degrees wrapping it and allowing the spinning wheel to take it, wrapping it and laying it into a beautiful yarn!
 Here you can see a part I missed. Such an easy fix! Pull some of the yarn out, take a lock and wrap it around.
...and her it is up close!  The colors remind me of fall, my favorite time of year! 
Here is the finished product still on the jumbo spool, all 70 yards of it! This is why I truly love snow days!!!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Do you plan to knit this yarn or do you keep art yarn?

    ReplyDelete
  2. May go up on my Etsy page, not sure yet!

    ReplyDelete