Powered By Blogger

Our sign in peace

Our sign in peace
Our sign in peace

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Wild edibles time of year is here!

This time of year you can really save on that grocery shopping with wild edibles that are everywhere! My favorite is Garlic Mustard. I make a mean pesto out of it by using the following: 2 cups of garlic mustard leaves, washed and dried, about a cup of olive oil, about 3/4 cups of walnuts or pine nuts, chopped, 3/4 cups of Romano and Parmesan cheese (I just use the grated, a couple of cloves of garlic, minced and salt and pepper to taste. I place the leaves first in a food processor and then slowly add the olive oil, then the rest of the ingredients, adjust as needed...

and there you have it, Garlic Mustard Pesto over pasta! In my humble opinion I think it is even better than basil!

I picked these dandelions for my rabbits, but the whole time I was thinking wine!!! Wild edibles are free and delicious too! I have also added a great blog called "3 foragers" onto my side bar, check out their blog, it is great! Message me for some reference material or sites to learn more!

No comments:

Post a Comment