Powered By Blogger

Our sign in peace

Our sign in peace
Our sign in peace

Saturday, May 7, 2016

Wild Edibles, they are everywhere!


When you see this plant in the Spring, you can eat it! When the tops are flowering, the plant is in it's second year and is ready for harvest. This is Garlic Mustard, an invasive plant.

I gather the plants, wash them, dry them...


toss them into a food processor with some olive oil, chopped walnuts, parmesan cheese, a little lemon juice, some garlic salt, salt and pepper. I add a little bit of this and a little bit of that until I get the desired texture and taste.

The finished product. Place it over pasta or just use it as a dip. I find this pesto much better than basil pesto!


Lavender and Rose Water cookies with wild violets are also a favorite this time of year.


I also baked a lamb's quarter quiche for today. I am teaching a class on wild edibles today. We have much to feast on as we explore all the wild edibles that are so abundant this time of year! So get out, explore and eat what Nature has to provide for us!


No comments:

Post a Comment