Powered By Blogger

Our sign in peace

Our sign in peace
Our sign in peace

Monday, June 20, 2016

The Queens are free!

A check on the Queens on Saturday netted one out and doing well but the second hive she was no where to be found! She was out of her cage but gone! I ripped that hive apart from top to bottom and no queen. I was not sure what happened to her, did they kill her, did something kill her or was she not mated and went out for a breeding flight? The answer must have been the last one because when I checked back today there she was!

I marked both queens but got a little overzealous! The new queen cage I bought has smaller holes and is very hard to get down to the queens back. One I almost blinded with paint in her eye! So we can only hope from here that these queens are productive and we can have a successful honeybee season!

No comments:

Post a Comment