Powered By Blogger

Our sign in peace

Our sign in peace
Our sign in peace

Thursday, November 3, 2016

Vicorian inspiration...

Last weekend I went on a lantern tour of a historical district that was primarily on Victorian homes. I just love living in New England because the history is so rich and each area tells a tale of old. Sometimes you can just stand there and imagine the times. We even toured an old Opera House that had my imagination in over drive.  I was busy all day preparing for my biggest show of the year. I zipped down for the tour and came home, I had my dye pot prepared but had no idea what I would do when I got back. I later returned and grabbed my dye box. I pulled out 4 colors and got busy dyeing the mohair that was sheared from my girls recently.

It wasn't until I began rinsing it that I realized I had dyed some beautiful colors that took me back to the Victorian times. Rich greens that were closer to olives (the pictures do not give it justice!) and beautiful mauves. It was as if my Victorian experience was channeled straight into my subconscious! I was amazed at the beauty!

No comments:

Post a Comment