Powered By Blogger

Our sign in peace

Our sign in peace
Our sign in peace

Thursday, July 6, 2017

Happenings in the Apiary

Last week while poking around in the Apiary, I discovered that hive 2 finally has a queen! I found this beautiful lady along with some eggs and larve! I guickly grabbed her and marked her. So happy to finally see this struggling hive make a turn around.

Hive 1 had many queen cells of  just one frame so I too, that opportunity to attempt another split for hive 3, closed the girls in for a couple of days. If they are not successful this time we will call it and shut it down until next year.


Today I decided to take a quick peak and feed them. Good thing I went up completely suited up! They were by the book aggressive which is a sign they are raising a queen!! This is them rushing up between the feeder tl get at me, thankfully there was a screen between us. We will look in our  them next week for what I hope is positive signs!

No comments:

Post a Comment