Powered By Blogger

Our sign in peace

Our sign in peace
Our sign in peace

Monday, October 23, 2017

There is no such thing as a dyeing mistake!

With clean and dried Border Leicester on hand I set out to dye some colorways I had in mind. I had 3 pounds of wool and set out to get it dyed!

I filled the pot with some warm water and added my dyes. My goal here was to do a blue, green
and dark rose fractured blend. I added a small amount of blue and green and dominated the rose color leaving space between for it to bleed over. I've done this before and it worked!!! Well this time the rose was completely over come by the blue and green.

This pound was supposed to be black!!! I got beautiful tips of black but the dark rose color I set out to dye in the previous fleece.

Just look how this set up!!! I love it. Maybe not enough vinegar? Too much water but something didn't go right here or did it?

This is the fleece that was supposed to have have rose in it!!! 

So when combined I got the exact results I set out for, just in a different process. There are no dyeing mistakes, if the pot gives you lemons or so you think, look again, it is more than likely beautiful in someone else's eyes!! 

1 comment: