Powered By Blogger

Our sign in peace

Our sign in peace
Our sign in peace

Saturday, June 30, 2018

Beating the heat...

With Connecticut embracing a heat wave with temperatures hitting the 90's and above over the next 7 days, I woke up at 5:30 am and got into the bees. It was a decision that needed to be made, waking pissed off bees in the morning or death by bee suit in 90 degree temperatures. I chose the lesser of the two, waking up pissed off bees that don't particularly like being awoken at 6 am! The Queen excluders and Supers needed to be placed on. All frames in both boxes are full and the hives are growing, if more room is not added they will swarm and we sure don't want that!

After painting all the boxes and components different colors so I can tell them apart, they have become a work of art on the hill! I love looking up and seeing the colors. So as the summer begins in full force, work on my girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment