Powered By Blogger

Our sign in peace

Our sign in peace
Our sign in peace

Friday, October 23, 2020

Soap Making on a Dreary Day



What do you do on a dreay day in the fall? You make soap in summer scents! I have always found soap sets up much better on wet dreary days, It's not science but it does.  I have had a heck of a time finding lye to make my soap with. Apparently like many things in this time of Covid, this is scarce too! I finely found some at a small hardware store and set out this morning to get a batch made. I combine the above ingredients in certain weights to get a beautiful smooth soap.
Since all I can think about is getting through winter and getting back to Spring shows, I chose a Lavender-Mint to blend for my fragrance. I decided to do Essential Lavender with both Essential Peppermint and Spearmint combined to give it a smooth mint with a lavender scent. 
One of the greatest tools ever invented and discovered for soap making is the stick blender! It cuts down on so much time stirring. It cuts the process by about 10 times the time!
Once it was ready and I had the proper tracing, it was poured into a couple of molds. The batch I make is an 8 pound batch so you get quite a bit of soap! I will have bars as well as some soap to cut up for felted soap.
The finished soap! I wish I could have a scratch and sniff button on this blog! It smells amazing and so does my kitchen! I added some Lavender flowers for texture too!

 The molds are covered and the soap will be allowed to cure for a couple of days. I will the remove the soap from the molds and then it will be allowed to cure for a couple of months for a soap that brings you back to summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment