Powered By Blogger

Our sign in peace

Our sign in peace
Our sign in peace

Monday, January 18, 2021

Sleeping Bees



We have had some warmer temperatures here in Connecticut over the past week. I took the opportunity to run up to the hives and peek in to see how they were fairing. I was able to get this shot of a cluster that by the look of the frames are out of food but are not moving up to the other boxes that are loaded with food. I had some pollen patties and stuffed those down there with some of the candy boards that are on top of the hives. Sadly this is how hives starve through the winter. They just don't have the sense to move the cluster to the food! I replaced some of the frames quickly with food packed ones and hope they get to them. 

 Pollen patties are a good food source although eating honey and the candy boards would be better this time of year but I will get into them what I can at this point. Here's fingers crossed that they make it through the winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment