Powered By Blogger

Our sign in peace

Our sign in peace
Our sign in peace

Thursday, September 1, 2022

Happy September and Sunflowers!

When turning the calendar to September, it ignites a whole different season, Autumn! September reminds me of sunflowers, cooler weather and a prequel to October which is my favorite month. I decided to make some batts from brown and yellow alpaca and a few accents to help. I looked at pictures of sunflowers, to get the sense of colors. 
I pulled out some Angelina, Starfire and metallic threads that I had in the perfect colors.
 (Pictured above is Starfire)
I cut up 3-4 inch pieces of shiny threads in fall colors.
(Pictured above are metallic threads)
This color was perfect to give it a coppery color.
(Pictured is Starfire on top and Angelina below)
I dyed some alpaca yellow but used some natural brown from our alpaca "Awan". The brown is a much deeper warm brown than the camera picked up.


The results of the first batt was close to what I envisioned. Blending became a challenge when I realized I broke the drive band for the carder, but to no avail, I hand worked the gear which took longer but I am not about to wait for the new one to get here. 
Pulling it off the carder was beautiful. Sadly, the camera didn't do it justice. The brown is a deeper brown and there are lots of shiny accents too. 


Onto the next batt and this one is coming out better than the first! 
Welcome to September and Sunflowers!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment