Powered By Blogger

Our sign in peace

Our sign in peace
Our sign in peace

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Tawny gets her first haircut!

 It has been a very cold Spring here in Connecticut and I have been holding off on shearing Tawny. Today was warm and a perfect day to get it done!
 Her fiber was so long and pretty. She was pulling it out her self even as much as I was brushing her so it had to come off.
 I am giving up on the scissoring method. I am terrified of cutting them so I asked around and most use clippers. I used a 40 blade and it got the job done.
 She still needed a bit of scissoring to finish it up but now I can see her eyes! I kept those beautiful ears in tack!
 A huge bag of super soft fiber fro her first cutting. It is gray, with shades of brown and some white, really pretty and soft!
She had to wear Fluffer's little sweater for now because she was insisting on licking and grooming which is very bad for a bunny to ingest her own fur. She did surprising well, but she is the most laid back bunny I have ever known. There was some grunting when we put the coat on though!

1 comment: