Powered By Blogger

Our sign in peace

Our sign in peace
Our sign in peace

Friday, June 6, 2014

It just takes one!!!


 The last hive inspection we did, netted just, one tiny little varroa mite on a drone. The first time I ever saw one sent me into a freak out frenzy but now that I know what to do I am okay with that! The most organic way to take care of this without chemicals.
The key is to sprinkle confectionery sugar on them the same day for about 5 weeks. This coats their bodies with the powdered sugar so the mite cannot cling on.
We have the State Bee Inspector coming next week to look at the hives so we will get some test done and hopefully learn a few things about our hives.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no!! I know nothing about this but I am very concerned about the bees!!!

    ReplyDelete