Powered By Blogger

Our sign in peace

Our sign in peace
Our sign in peace

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Spring Spinning!

Spring means a lot of work on the farm! Time for other things is practically none in the Spring. The other day it was raining so I found myself inside and decided to clean the fiber studio...
 I got to cleaning this and that until I came across this bag of kid mohair in the most delighful spring colors of lavender and a light sweet green as well as a hint of blue and yellow. It was as if I suddenly was a terrier and saw a squirrel! I grabbed the bag and made my way to my Country Spinner wheel.
I spun this in a method of core spinning without a core. The trick is extending the core with your left hand and finger and wrapping with the other hand. It is fun and challenging all at once. So maybe we will get back in that room and get some organization on as long as no more "squirrels" pop up!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment