Powered By Blogger

Our sign in peace

Our sign in peace
Our sign in peace

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Creativity is not always what we plan

Today I set out to make a batch of my vegetable based soap. I went to a farmers market yesterday and there was a soap maker there giving me her pitch for her tallow based soap. I prefer a no animal fat soap, I just don't like the oily residue it leaves on the skin and I don't want an animal to die so I can be clean.

So as I was making my batch of soap, I had some scents in mind, Lavender, Lavender and Vanilla and I even had Clove oil out. I knew I would figure one out. Next thing I knew I was pouring vanilla oil into the batch, went over to my herb shelves and pulled out some real vanilla beans...
and split them open and scooped out the seeds. I then added them to the soap giving it an amazing scent!!! My kitchen smells like vanilla beans and I love it. Can't wait to see how this soap cures and smells.


No comments:

Post a Comment