Powered By Blogger

Our sign in peace

Our sign in peace
Our sign in peace

Sunday, September 4, 2016

Improvising for results!

When even the most conventional and immediate tools at your disposal just aren't meeting your needs, you can always improvise and I did just that. I needed to make a small cord for a project I am working on and all my Lucets were just not small enough. I wanted a strong but small cordage about a foot long. I thought of pictures I had seen where the colonists used forks made of bone or wood to make their cordage for their uniforms so I went to the cabinet and got a fork!

I broke off the two center pieces and began wrapping my homemade "lucet" to make my fine cord.

Here is my finished project to scale with a penny! Just what I needed to complete my latest project! I am so pleased with the results, I used hand spun single ply alpaca. It is soft and strong, just right for what I need!

No comments:

Post a Comment