Powered By Blogger

Our sign in peace

Our sign in peace
Our sign in peace

Thursday, April 13, 2017

Release of the Queens!!!

Yesterday I quickly suited up before dinner time and while the foragers were out and about. I was checking on the queens, to see if the workers had gotten them out of their queen cages. One was released but the other was still in hers. They had waxed the entire cage and sealed off any space they had to feed her! I used a screw I had in my pocket and went to releasing her into a queen marker cage. She gladly entered it.

I then marked her with a white dot! Even though this year queens should be marked with a yellow dot, I firmly refuse!!! Who in their right mind choose yellow for marking queens for this year?!!!! With all the pollen coming in, all the different shades of yellow, it's crazy to mark your queens yellow! I purchased a new white marking pen for this year and will mark them white. I refuse to conform to this madness!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment