Powered By Blogger

Our sign in peace

Our sign in peace
Our sign in peace

Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Feeding the bees on a beautiful day in New England!

As I have mentioned before, the weather in Connecticut has been very strange for winter this year. We woke up this morning to beautiful temps and before noon it had already hit 60 degrees! So I took the opportunity to look in on the bees and give them some nutritional  support.

We picked up some pollen patties at our local feed store last week but it has been just too cold to open the hives.

I popped open the hive and was greeted by some of the girls. They look great and I noticed they still had some honey reserves on a visual look.

The pollen patty was quickly added to this hive and they went right over and proboscises out they started in on it almost immediately! 

I caught this girl enjoying a bit of the patty that I had smeared from the hive tool.
The top went back on, and watched to see if they were bringing in any pollen but I didn't catch any. The next few weeks are vital for honeybees. The weather can change on a dime. Just a few weeks for Spring to get here, hang in there girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment