Powered By Blogger

Our sign in peace

Our sign in peace
Our sign in peace

Friday, March 27, 2020

Living and farming with Wildlife

One of my biggest and greatest beliefs is we can farm and live with wildlife. I positively hate to hear how people kill wildlife when you can farm and co-exist all at the same time! As a wildlife advocate and a farmer I do both with ease. I was up very early this morning to beat Tim to feeding. I am home for the duration and he is considered an essential employee so he has been working non stop. 
We secure our animals, use electric fencing and mandatory lockdowns at night. 
We currently have a pair of breeding fox in the area. They have put a lot of pressure on us as well as the neighbors and their fowl. This morning I watched as this girl made her way up to the road heading right into the path of a speeding car. I yelled to her and she stopped in her tracks just in time and did not get hit! She did not see me there and was a bit startled. This is the female, while the male is much bigger and red in color. 
We can do this folks! We do not own the earth and I hope every day during this pandemic it is an eye opener for all! Nature is bigger than all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment