Powered By Blogger

Our sign in peace

Our sign in peace
Our sign in peace

Saturday, December 31, 2022

Ending 2022 with Gratitude

As we end 2022, we do so with gratitude. This year we did suffer some loss. One was our beloved old rooster, Henry. I still find myself looking for my buddy and then sadly I'm reminded he is gone. Time took my boy but will never take the memories I have of his kind soul. 
We also lost our last and final goat, Maddie (left). She was taken by time as well, but she lived a wonderful old life bossing the alpaca boys around and that is a priceless memory I will never forget. She did not take kindly to being bossed around and would let it be known mostly with a head butt. She lived life on her terms and made no exceptions. 
As we end this year, we do it with gratitude. After the past few years and getting through Covid, this year paid us back with a record year, helping us to rebound from the previous years. As we locked the animals up this evening, we discovered 2 eggs. We haven't had eggs in 2 months. Perhaps this is what's to come in the year ahead, but we can only look with hope and remember that our gratitude for all we have in health and family is more than enough. 
All of us at Coon Hollow Farm would like to thank everyone for your support. 
We wish you all a wonderful and great New Year ahead!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment