Powered By Blogger

Our sign in peace

Our sign in peace
Our sign in peace

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Felting Soap:Part One

 This post is going to be in two parts. I will post the next part in a day or two so you can get the things you need to do this wonderful craft! They are ideal for gift giving and adds fun to the bathroom!
So to start you will need some soap. In my case I had some old soaps hanging around in the shape of hearts and rectangles.
 The next thing you will need is an old stocking. A knee high is good but you can cut an old one as well.
Some very hot water. I fill my sink as well as work over a hot running stream of water, hot enough to stand.
And last but not least a Felting Needle for embellishing and to fix some of the straggly fiber that does not come together. You can get these on line, at the craft stores or my good friend Pam from Dream Come True Farm in Oxford, CT is a great source. She sells the Ashford's which by far are the very best in felting needles. A link to her blog is on the right column of this blog.
And of course some roving and fiber which I forgot to picture here! I will be back in a day or two to show you how I make these fabulous novelty soaps!

No comments:

Post a Comment