This past Sunday, myself, and the three new "Beeks" did inspections on the hives. Kisha's hive was queenless again. No signs of brood and the numbers were very low. It was very possible that her queen went out for her mating flight and did not make it back. We have many birds around and queens fly very slow. We found lots of swarm cells in the large hive as well as supercedure cells so we added those to Kisha's hive.
Then it was time for Pat and Sue to do an inspection as I looked on. (That is them in the picture above). It was quite a treat to have them inspecting with concentration and applying everything they have learned up to this point. Each hive had something or another going on and there was a lot of hmmmmm's going on. The bees have been quite bizarre this year. I am hoping as May moves on they will settle down and get to the business of making honey!