Powered By Blogger

Our sign in peace

Our sign in peace
Our sign in peace

Friday, July 4, 2014

Making Comfrey Salve

One of my favorite plants to see coming up in the Spring is Comfrey! By the time winter is over I am about out of it and everyone else that swears by it too! This picture is what Comfrey looks like after a rain shower!
This year one plant netted the biggest leaves I have ever seen! Mind you I have Comfrey planted all over our property! The chickens especially love it so there is some out of their way behind the fenced garden. To make the salve, you have to pick and rinse off the leaves and allow to dry for a day.
This recipe was gifted to me by my friend Raye, but I have tweaked it here and there over the years. Olive oil is added and heated for some time and then allowed to sit to draw out the healing properties. I usually let sit up to two days.

The Comfrey is then strained, in this case with my honey strainer! The Comfrey is not waisted, it is placed in our compost bin.

After the tincture is drained, our bees own beeswax is added slowly until I get the proper consistency, adding some other ingredients as well.

When the salve is perfect, it is added to tin containers, tops added...

Labels are added and they are ready for healing!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment