Powered By Blogger

Our sign in peace

Our sign in peace
Our sign in peace

Friday, June 17, 2016

Queen recheck...

These bees are going to be the death of me! I went in early this morning for a recheck on the status on the release of our queens and nothing! They are still in the cages, the workers have done little to nothing to get them out so it was time to give them a little help.

With a piece of heavy wire this time, I cleaned the sugar plug out and waited for them to emerge. I waited and waited, but the workers cleaned up the hole even better and were going in and out trying to coax them out.

I did catch this wonderful moment, the workers feeding the queen thru the cage. These will more than likely be her attendants when she does finally emerge from her cage. Another check in the morning will have me breaking them open if they do not come out by then. Come on girls! You need to get busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment