Powered By Blogger

Our sign in peace

Our sign in peace
Our sign in peace

Monday, September 12, 2016

Rendering beeswax the right way!

Over the years I have tried different way to render wax. Melting it, trying to filter it and then I saw a video online on a bee site that changed the way I do it, and it has made it 100% more efficient!
I purchased this small crockpot at a tag sale for a couple dollars.

Gathered some cheesecloth...

and some paper towels.

Some wax I had attempted to clean last year.

Then placing the paper towels across the crockpot, then laying the cheesecloth over that, and then placed the wax on top of that.

I then placed the top on and turned on the heat and waited.

When the wax was melted, I poured it into these ice trays I bought in a dollar store. They are the perfect mold to make quilting wax!

This is the finished product! Perfectly clean wax, packaged and ready to go. I love this process!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for that great tip! I'll be watching the flyers for a bargain on a cock pot for that purpose from now on. I pour my rendered beeswax through milk filters to get very clean wax. Maybe this winter I'll have a go at making soap.

    ReplyDelete