Powered By Blogger

Our sign in peace

Our sign in peace
Our sign in peace

Sunday, April 22, 2018

The Apiary gets a makeover!

It was long over due! The Apiary needed a makeover. I was looking at some last year pics of my bees and noticed bottom boards with mold and our hives just looking dingy. 

This year I will be switching over to Mediums as I get older and don't have the help. The hive bodies are just getting too heavy for me. I would love to have because Tim will not become a beekeeper! We painted each piece a different color so I can keep track of what is what!

We literally broke the whole Apiary down, painted, cleaned and sorted out old equipment. It was daunting but on this beautiful Sunday we got it done! 

And there it is! Our bees arrive this coming weekend and we are ready. I can't wait to see those wonderful creatures flying again! 

1 comment: