Powered By Blogger

Our sign in peace

Our sign in peace
Our sign in peace

Tuesday, July 17, 2018

A Nature's Spicy Condiment

As we go through summer, not all is lost on wild foraging. 


The Garlic Mustard has gone to seed and collecting it not only stops it from spreading but is a delicious spicy condiment too! The seeds are very easy to harvest when the plant has gone dry.

I carry a bag around with me to collect carefully by breaking the plant or pulling it up root and placing it head first into a bag...


I then place the seed heads in a gallon size plastic bag and shake! The seeds will gather in the bottom of the bag.

I then transferred it into a funnel to transfer the seeds into a shaker to either add as a peppery garlicky spice to food or use it in dishes, it's amazing. You can also just pick some and snack on it along the way, I just love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment