Powered By Blogger

Our sign in peace

Our sign in peace
Our sign in peace

Thursday, February 27, 2020

Working a difficult fiber and winning!



As I prepare for Festival season, I was looking upon the fiber stash and had green in mind, thinking Spring. I pulled out some mohair from our girls that was really dirty. I washed it a few times but it still had some vegetable matter in it. I tried the hand carders (pictured) but it was daunting. While dyeing it, it matted somewhat and was hard to do by hand.

I pulled out the big guns, the Drum Carder. I dyed the mohair lots of different shades of green so it needed some blending too.

Feeding the mohair into the bottom makes it easy to turn. My bucket list is an electric one! It gets rough on the arms turning.

It provided me with a nice blend of colors which will spin up nice.

Removing it off the carder is easy with this nifty tool

There it is! A beautiful batt, blended and ready to spin. 

So now, I sit down with a cup of tea, my blended mohair and some evening TV by the fire. This is called life!

No comments:

Post a Comment