Powered By Blogger

Our sign in peace

Our sign in peace
Our sign in peace

Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Trying something new!

For the life of me I just don't know how chickens do it, but they get their eggs so dirty! No matter how clean you keep that coop, change the straw, they still manage to get a mess going! I did some research on how to build something but Tim is just too busy to get it done these days. I found these inexpensive egg laying trays on line and gave them a try.
The eggs roll down into the trap and they are protected from not getting dirty or eaten by the chickens. We do have a couple of annoying "egg eaters" that I would love to strangle these days! They have to be kept in an angled position but do seem to be doing the trick.

 After a couple of hours I went to check and was pleased with the results. These will do just fine until we can get a door built on the coop and build some egg boxes and trays. They are saving time in cleaning the eggs or rejecting them all together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment