Powered By Blogger

Our sign in peace

Our sign in peace
Our sign in peace

Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Happy 50th Earth Day and Natural Pest Control!

Happy 50th Earth Day! It's been 50 years that the world has been celebrating the Earth! In honor of the Earth I would love to introduce my new obsession, predatory plants! I have decided that this year I will combat the flies in the greenhouse naturally by using these predatory plant! This arrived from the supplier last week. It was a cold day and I quickly rushed it into the house to warm it up gradually. These plants take special care but should thrive and do well in our greenhouse. You can also let them stay outside in the summer. They need distilled water and warm conditions. Shortly after arriving, it opened a trap and asked to eat. It was fed and now will digest. 

It has a terrarium over it, keeping it warm and humid for now until the weather stays warm. These plants are so fascinating! I know it will eat well this summer! There are other plants that you can purchase such as pitcher plants (which are native to my home state of Connecticut) as well as others. I am so looking forward to the warmer weather and getting this little one working in the greenhouse to provide natural pest control!

No comments:

Post a Comment