Powered By Blogger

Our sign in peace

Our sign in peace
Our sign in peace

Wednesday, April 8, 2020

My dream chicken!

For the longest time I have always wanted Black Copper Marans.  The price of them plus the shipping on some of the chicken sites are just out of my budget! Recently I saw someone post on a chicken site that they had chicks for a very reasonable price and they lived in the town next to me! I reached out to her and we arranged a pick up point as not to violate social distancing. 

They are straight run but by looking at their feathers at just 2 days old, it  looks like I have one rooster and 3 hens. They are so cute! They are also very calm unlike some breeds who can be very squirrely!

What makes them so appealing to me is the color of their eggs! The deep almost red and brown color is so beautiful. We will soon have every color in our eggs shown above. We will be adding a few new breeds to our flock, so stay tuned!

Until then, the chicks are huddled under our chick plate, a safe and warm way for them to stay huddled together until their friends join them.

No comments:

Post a Comment