Powered By Blogger

Our sign in peace

Our sign in peace
Our sign in peace

Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Celebrating World Bee Day!

Happy World Bee Day! A day put aside for the world to recognize the importance of our pollinator, the bee! To honor the day I decided to do I quick inspection and check how all were doing. This was quite interesting as I inspected Hive #5, I noticed they re building comb tilted upwards slightly. It's actually sideways but still interesting to see them building comb in a slightly elevated direction.

My goal today was to mark the queens and I grabbed this new queen marking cage I bought last year. It is a wonderful tool in theory but failed to keep the queen in a stationary position to mark. It was like marking a moving target. It was easier to get her in to but did not give you the ability to keep her in position to mark.

So needless to say, she was marked on her back and her wings! I am not happy and may not attempt to mark them any longer. So, Happy World Bee Day everyone! Remember to treat our pollinators well, our food system relies on them!

No comments:

Post a Comment