Powered By Blogger

Our sign in peace

Our sign in peace
Our sign in peace

Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Taking a trip to my dream place!

Today I put on my mask and ventured out to complete a life goal. I am always too busy, something comes up, we have to go somewhere, farm chores are building up or help someone and I decided to use this time to do things I wouldn't be able to do. Also driving anywhere is very stressful for me. I have dreamed to go to Gilbertie's Herb Farm in Westport, CT. I was watching something lately and the person said, during this time of quarantine, get to things you wouldn't normally be able to get to, so I decided to go somewhere I wouldn't normally be able to go to.  So off I went!

I arrived and was so excited to see this sign!

The greenhouses were amazing! Filled with every herb you can imagine! I never knew there were so many varieties of Basil, Oregano, Thyme and Rosemary just to name a few! It's not like I am new to herbs, I was once in a study group for many years and would frequent a local herb farm when it was open in my town. I love herbs, they are purposeful and have so many uses. 

Never have I ever seen a Basil like this! Lettuce Leaf Basil, who knew?!!!

I fell in love with this sign! I may have to make something like this one!

Who knew there were so many varieties of Rosemary!!!

Another Greenhouse to explore!

A whole section of Fairy Garden accessories! Such cute things!

They had a store with the most incredible and unique things in it! 

OMG! This raccoon statuary was so adorable!

To sum up my trip to Gilbertie's, I saw every herb from A...

to Y since there is no herb that starts with Z! I was so thrilled to finally visit this place. It was truly a dream and I will be back! Of course there are some things that I wish I had gotten so you never know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment