Powered By Blogger

Our sign in peace

Our sign in peace
Our sign in peace

Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Repurposing for a cause

As I added another hive to our apiary, the equipment I had on hand sufficed, except one component. I really love these top feeders which were put out by Brushy Mountain Bee Company that has gone out of business. I put a post up on some local beekeeping sites that I was looking for a couple of these and got responses. Some as far as South Carolina, but I was looking for more local. A man responded that he had two he didn't want so Tim drove me down to meet him. They were exactly what I was looking for. They are a little weathered but with a little TLC, they would look great in no time. 

A couple coats of paint and they look good as new!

Placed on top of this hive and we are ready to go! This hive is empty, as we often do in the event we get a swarm call or one of our hives decides they are going to swarm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment