Powered By Blogger

Our sign in peace

Our sign in peace
Our sign in peace

Friday, March 30, 2012

Early Spring Gardening...


Today didn't work out the way it was supposed to. When I woke up and I found myself with some time on my hands as my daughter Brynn called and didn't need me to run an errand for her after all, so I got right to work in the gardens. To the left are my raised beds that have been full of manure and good stuff all winter...The rhubarb (in the second picture) looked like it just poked it's head up, still with the hay I layed over as a bed cover for the winter...The rhubarb is planted against the greenhouse...

 My soil is based on compost, leaves,
alpaca and chicken manure. All these things are so important for a good healthy soil. It just drives me crazy when I see people "purchase" store bought soil that is loaded with who knows what! It's free folks just takes a little effort and is so healthy too!
 Once I got the soil tilled and raked, I planted the Cold frame with a variety of lettuces...
 The oregano is already up and looks so healthy and happy...






















I dug this guy up by accident and found it quite funny looking. It's a   potato that appears to have arms and legs! I immediately put him right back to bed!






Some Anise Hyssop pokes it's head up too!
I just could not help giving it a little rub and enjoying that Anise smell, which made me want to have some tea!


...and all the time I was working about, this raccoon slept in a tree near by knowing that he is always safe here on Coon Hollow Farm...

No comments:

Post a Comment