Powered By Blogger

Our sign in peace

Our sign in peace
Our sign in peace

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Hand Carding a fiber of a different color...

... or should I say of a different fiber! Today I was going through my fiber stash and came across some Angora rabbit as well as some Chinchilla. Here I am using hand carders to pull apart the clumps.

 This is the Chinchilla that I got from my friend and the tool to the left is called a "mini-flicker. It helps to pull the clumps apart. I also use it to clean my drum carder. It is a priceless tool!
 Some clumpy white Angora, it is so soft! I think I am going to combine it with some dyed Alpaca to make an incredibly soft yarn as soon as I get it in spinning shape!
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Here is a different shade of Angora that I bought a long time ago and have had it stashed. It has shades of gray with white swirled into it. So off to do something different. Hoping for some creative inspiration to do it justice!

No comments:

Post a Comment