Powered By Blogger

Our sign in peace

Our sign in peace
Our sign in peace

Sunday, August 7, 2016

The tools of a farmer

The tools of a farmer can make the difference with success and failure and it can be the simplest thing. In our case it is "Autumn"! I often make post about her, we call her "the wonder dog" for many reason, but mainly for her ability to protect anything and anyone on this property. She even takes on the neighbors chickens as hers to protect. Case in point, on Friday I had had a long week and came home, let the chickens out. I made dinner and sat down for a bit when we heard a commotion in the backyard. Autumn was gone before I even stood up. I came upon feathers everywhere! A fox had come in and grabbed one of our girls. By the time I made my way up there, Autumn was after the fox and the chicken was making her way back down the hill!

Without her I don't know what we would do! She is tenacious, funny and sometimes a very quirky dog. She hogs the bed at night, wakes me in the morning by dropping my slippers on my head. If that doesn't work she begins to bark at me and then jump on me. She rises early in the morning to get her chores done, so should I! She is the best tool these farmers have, learned by many generations of past dogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment