Powered By Blogger

Our sign in peace

Our sign in peace
Our sign in peace

Thursday, September 7, 2017

Results to "Dye" for!

Sadly the pictures don't come close to the results. Cameras just can't pick up the quality of the color and the variant blends.In the picture above, I wanted to blend the colors of the sea. As summer is coming to a close, my best time spent this summer was at the beach so I wanted to create a fleece in those colors, and I did! 

This portion of the 9 pound Lincoln fleece was dyed in shades of purples and lavenders. The blends and the locks came out amazing!


This fleece was black with a heavy dose of reds which ultimately resulted in a deep and variegated burgundy color. When I saw the results it remind me of a dress a saloon singer would have worn in the good old wild wild west.

In this fleece I wanted a lot of pastels. The light blue bled with some other colors and you can see the only small amount that came through in the middle right of the picture. The softness of this fleece is so nice and the variance of the colors down the locks is beautiful too!

This final fleece was my favorite! The colors remind me of a carpet bag set in Victorian times! I used at least 7 different dyes in this one and they blended beautifully! Once again soft and easy to get the just right colors!
Now to begin some spinning as the weather is a cool early fall here in Connecticut.

No comments:

Post a Comment