Powered By Blogger

Our sign in peace

Our sign in peace
Our sign in peace

Friday, January 8, 2021

There's no Eggcuse!!!

It's here once again, eggs here and there from our 50 chickens and being forced to purchase eggs at the store. As I stood there and looked at what they were selling I was just shocked. The marketing to get you to think that a brown egg taste better than a white one had me shaking my head. I purchased this 18 pack of white large eggs for $1.99. As I looked the same pack of eggs that were brown were twice that much. Have you ever asked yourself why? It's because the food industry has convinced you that they taste better, but they don't. There is absolutely no difference in the taste or quality of the eggs, just the color of the shell! Another thing that got me was the cost of what they referred to as "free range" chickens. "Battery Hens" which are chickens kept in cages they can barely move around in, the "free range" chicken is housed with thousand of other birds who are in a huge enclosure, never see the sun and breathe dust all day. The eggs from these chickens can sit in warehouse for over a month before getting to the store.
The difference is inside the egg! We are getting an egg here and there from our girls. This mornings breakfast was eggs. I broke one store bought egg (on top) and one from our chickens (on the bottom) to show the color. The one on top is paler in color compared to the one on the bottom. Each egg was a large egg but the quantity of the egg itself inside the egg was dwarfed in comparison to our egg.

 I repeated my little experiment once again with the exact same results! 
The reason for my post, please don't fall for what they are selling, there is no difference in the taste, just the cost and lack of quality! 

No comments:

Post a Comment