Powered By Blogger

Our sign in peace

Our sign in peace
Our sign in peace

Wednesday, April 7, 2021

It's that bee time of year

It's that time of year again! Time to get the bees installed and get ready for a new season. I was thinking today how many years this is for me. I think it's my 11th year but I have to look back to be sure. You can sure learn a lot from these girls, that's for sure. I've been giving it some thought, whether or not this may be my last year. I'm getting on in my years and the boxes are getting harder to lift. I'd love to get a partner which was wonderful when I had one. However, when I was up there working with the girls, feeling their energy, it's just part of me.
  The big black bee is a big beautiful drone, which is a male honeybee. A hive only has a few of these. These boys whole purpose in life is to reproduce. They serve no purpose in taking care of the hive, they don't bring in food and they are fed by the workers. The female workers are literally the ones who pull the total load of work within the hive.

The can of sugar water that they come with was still filled so I'm sure they are hungry. I had frames filled with honey left over from other hives so they have lots of food to start off with.
The queen is big and healthy. The attendants are ready and willing to take care of her every need.
And this is the side eye when you walk by a chicken in your bee suit who has never seen you in one before. She had no idea of what to make of it! She knew it was me but couldn't take her eye off of me! I was laughing because you just had to wonder what was going through her mind.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment