Powered By Blogger

Our sign in peace

Our sign in peace
Our sign in peace

Friday, June 18, 2021

Moving on to new equipment...

Soap making after 25 plus years has really evolved and so has the equipment. I recently gave away all my old molds after I tried these new molds with silicone liners! No more lining my liners with parchment paper that would leave creases in my soaps, a pain to pull off and just not my idea of how I wanted my soaps to look. I was gifted these and wow! You literally turn them inside out and your soap comes out smooth and amazing! 
I did a test batch with this Oatmeal, Milk and Honey soap. My soap recipe makes 8 pounds. It filled two molds and about a third of the other which I will use for soap balls. 
Wax paper over it to keep the heat in as it saponifies, which is a fancy word for saying the fats and the lye water have to come together and make soap through a chemical change, but when they do, you get soap!

 I added an old towel to help hold in the heat and in a few days, we have soap! I wish this blog had a scratch and sniff option because it smells amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment