Powered By Blogger

Our sign in peace

Our sign in peace
Our sign in peace

Wednesday, June 9, 2021

So what was in that incubator?

.

So our incubator experience turned out to be quite a disaster. In the first week our incubator failed causing me to call my friend and run to her house at 10:30 at night to borrow hers. All she had was a small mammal one available so I transferred the eggs into that and hoped for the best. I struggled to keep the humidity just right. The best was far from what happened here but we did have some success. These chicks are above are Black Copper Marans that hatched.
However, this is what we were going for, out of 6 eggs, we only had this single Royal Palm turkey hatch. This is Ricardo Shilly Shally! This little turkey poult is currently growing up with the chicks and is a bit of a special friend. I haven't been able to figure out why I constantly find it on it's side but everyday it's growing stronger, eating better and doing well. The falling over is less so fingers crossed!
So our dream to have Royal Palm turkeys came with the help of Daisy Knoll Farm who answered my million questions, was beyond patient and were very helpful too! So we now have 6 of these beautiful 3 week old turkey poults! With fingers crossed we are hoping they all do well, even Ricardo!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment