Powered By Blogger

Our sign in peace

Our sign in peace
Our sign in peace

Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Another live and learn...

To say that we learn from our mistakes is an understatement! Especially when it costs you in a sad way. Over time we have always used this bird fencing medium over our chicken and turkey run.
And for whatever reason I bought this this year, a wider cotton type fencing to drape over the current fencing on top for extra protection. This decision cost me big in the loss of a sweet little turkey, Ricardo Shilly Shally. On a tragic day I came home to find that he had gotten the draping down by knocking the chair over and getting his head stuck in it and then twisted until he strangled himself. That baby we raised from an egg, he struggled the first few weeks but did well later only to have this happen. I am beyond heartbroken at this loss.

 Everything was removed and new smaller gauge fencing has been replaced as this was a huge learning lesson and I still don't know what I was thinking! The safety of each and every being on this farm is so important to us. This was definitely a live and learn...

No comments:

Post a Comment